Google Safe Search scrubs the search results shown anytime you use Google, removing any potentially explicit content from your results. This feature could also block content you are trying to access. However, have you been looking for ways on how to turn off google safe search? Look no further.
Google Safe Search Off
You can disable the Safe Search feature on Google in a few simple steps (and make this a default setting if you prefer). This instruction guide will show you how to turn off Google Safe Search on your computer browser and how to turn off Safe Search on Google app.
How to turn off google safe search?
If you want to browse the internet with no restrictions such as getting access to adult content, you’d definitely have to turn off the safe search. Without further ado, here are the ways to turn google safe search off in your Android and Apple Devices.
How to Turn Off Google Safe Search on Computer in 6 Easy Steps
Turning Safe Search off on your computer is a straightforward process. The instructions are the same for both PCs and Macs. Use the following guide to walk through the process:
- Navigate to the Google homepage at www.google.com
- Select Settings in the lower right of the page.
- Click on the Search Settings option.
- Login to your Google account if prompted.
- Uncheck the Turn on SafeSearch box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
There is also an alternative way to turn off safe search. Below are the instructions on how to turn off Google safe search once you’ve searched for something. Plus, it helps to remove your history log as well if you want no trace of your search results.
- After looking up a word in the Google search bar, click the Settings tab underneath the search bar.
- Select Turn Off SafeSearch from the drop-down menu.
Though you are turning off SafeSearch for a specific search result, the change will be permanent. This means all subsequent searches will have SafeSearch turned off.
How to Turn Off Safe Search Google Mobile App for Android in 5 Easy Steps
The Google Safe Search feature can also be deactivated through the Google mobile application. You can turn Google safe search off on your Android smartphone or tablet with a few quick taps. Use the following guide to walk through the process:
- Launch the Google application on your Android device.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Select the Accounts & Privacy option.
- Tap to switch the SafeSearch filter option off.
How to Turn off Google Safe Search on Apple Devices in 4 Easy Steps
You can also turn off the Google Safe Search feature on your Apple devices, including iPhones and iPads. Use the following guide to walk through the process to turn off Google safe search iPhone 5 or other iPhone models:
- Launch the Google application on your Apple device.
- Tap the settings icon or your account photo in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the Show most relevant results option.
- Tap the Save button.
How to Turn On Safe Search on Android, on Computer, and Apple Devices Final Words
This guide has given you instructions on how to turn off Google safe search on Android, on a computer, and Apple devices. With these concise instructions, you should be able to turn the Safe Search feature off for your Google searches on your PC, Mac, or mobile device.
If you run into any issues with the process, ensure that you are correctly logged into your Google account or check out the support available at Google Help.
However, you have to be mindful of those who use your computer when you disable SafeSearch. Needless to say, when you share your devices with kids, make sure to remove explicit content and filter your search engine to a kid-friendly search engine. This way, you can filter out what they would be able to see on the world wide web. Disable SafeSearch for personal use only. You can even lock SafeSearch so only you can unlock it.
Feel free to share your experience or ask any questions you have below.