Inserting a copyright symbol makes it clear that a document, image, or another piece of art belongs to you and should not be used without permission. Learning to make a copyright symbol in the iOS system is essential if you use an Apple computer or other Apple device. The following step-by-step guide will walk you through how to insert the copyright symbol on iOS.
How to Make a Copyright Symbol on iOS on a Mac in 3 Easy Steps
To quickly insert a copyright symbol wherever you need it using your Mac, take the following steps:
- Click where you want to type the copyright symbol.
- Press and hold the Option or Alt key.
- Press the G key to make the copyright symbol appear.
How to Make a Copyright Symbol on iOS on an iPhone or iPad in 6 Easy Steps
You can also insert a copyright symbol using other Apple devices like the iPhone or iPad. You need to make sure the Emoji keyboard is installed on your device first. In fact, this can be accomplished in the keyboard settings on most iPhones and iPads. Once the Emoji keyboard is enabled, take the following steps:
- Click where you want the copyright symbol.
- Launch your keyboard.
- Tap the Globe or Emoji button to launch the Emoji keyboard. This button is usually located in between the numbers key that switches to the numeric keyboard and the microphone key that launches Siri.
- Click the Symbols icon for the symbols Emoji menu.
- Swipe left to locate the copyright symbol.
- Tap the key with the © to make it appear.
To conclude, these straightforward instructions will ensure you are able to insert a copyright symbol using your Mac, iPhone, and iPad, allowing you to protect your original works. Additional information and help are available on the Apple Support site. Please ask any questions you may have or feel free to share your experiences in the comments below.