Special characters, such as the copyright symbol, aren’t used very often. This might make them tricky to find. In this guide, we will tell you how to make a copyright symbol on iOS. Bear in mind that the Apple keyboard and the commands are slightly different than those of a Windows device. This means you cannot make a copyright symbol on iOS as you would in Windows. You can read our other guide on copyright symbols if you want to know how to make a copyright symbol in Windows.
How to Make a Copyright Symbol on iOS on a Mac in 3 Easy Steps
To quickly insert a copyright symbol wherever you need it using your Mac, take the following steps:
- Click where you want to type the copyright symbol.
- Press and hold the Option or Alt key.
- Press the G key to make the copyright symbol appear.
This is how to make a copyright symbol in iOS if you are writing on a computer. In the next section, we’ll look how to insert a copyright symbol in a text if you are using a mobile device.
How to Make a Copyright Symbol on iOS on an iPhone or iPad in 6 Easy Steps
You can also insert a copyright symbol using other Apple devices like the iPhone or iPad. You need to make sure the Emoji keyboard is installed on your device first. In fact, this can be accomplished in the keyboard settings on most iPhones and iPads. Once you have installed the Emoji keyboard, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Click where you want the copyright symbol.
- Launch your keyboard.
- Tap the Globe or Emoji button to launch the Emoji keyboard. The iOS Emoji button is usually located in between the numbers key that switches to the numeric keyboard and the microphone key that launches Siri.
- Click the Symbols icon for the symbols Emoji menu.
- Swipe left to locate the copyright symbol.
- Tap the key with the © to make it appear.
To conclude, these straightforward instructions will ensure you are able to insert a copyright symbol using your Mac, iPhone, and iPad, allowing you to protect your original works. Additional information and help are available on the Apple Support site. Please ask any questions you may have or feel free to share your experiences in the comments below.