One of the most widely used membership-based services around the world, Amazon Prime offers what is perhaps one of the most comprehensive lists of features, such as free shipping, cloud storage, and video streaming. However, if you feel like you are not taking full advantage of your Amazon Prime subscription, you may want to cancel Amazon Prime. In this article, we will show you how to cancel Amazon Prime free trial and how to cancel your Amazon Prime membership after the trial period has expired.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Free Trial Before It Expires in 9 Easy Steps
In this first section of the guide, we will be looking at how to cancel Amazon Prime free trial. Naturally, it is easier to cancel your Amazon Prime membership during the free trial period. This period lasts for 30 days. You can cancel Amazon Prime at any point during these 30 days. Here’s how:
- First, you must go to Amazon.com.
- Click on the Hello. Sign in. button on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Insert your Amazon Prime username and password into the appropriate fields.
- Press Sign in.
- Click on My Account.
- Scroll down to the Settings section of your account information.
- Click on Manage Prime Membership.
- Click on Do Not Continue (underneath the date when your card will be charged).
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking on the big, yellow Do Not Continue button.
Once you are done, your credit card will not be charged and your membership will cease after the free trial expires. You will also stop receiving any and all Amazon Prime services. And that’s how to cancel your Amazon Prime free trial. In the following section, we will offer instructions on how to cancel Amazon Prime subscription after the trial period has passed.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Trial Membership After It Expires in 8 Easy Steps
If you decided to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription, but are no longer in the trial period, here’s how to cancel Amazon Prime. You’ll notice the steps are relatively similar:
- You will have to visit Amazon.com to reach your account.
- Click on the Hello. Sign in. button to log into your account.
- Enter your Amazon login credentials in the Amazon login menu.
- Click on the My Account tab near the right-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down until reaching the Settings section.
- Click on Manage Amazon Prime in the list of links.
- When you reach the Manage Amazon Prime page, you should be able to see an End Membership button. It should be the second option.
- Select End Membership, not Do Not Continue to cancel your Amazon Prime paid membership.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Free Trial from Your Smartphone in 9 Easy Steps
- Open your internet browser (this works with pretty much any browser out there).
- Go to Amazon.com.
- Tap on Sign in.
- Insert your credentials (e-mail and password).
- Tap on the My Account button.
- Tap on Account Settings (the second option down).
- Select the Prime Membership option.
- Tap on the End Membership button, or alternatively, the Do Not Continue option, if you are still in your trial period.
- Tap on the End Membership button once more to end your Amazon Prime paid subscription, or Do Not Continue to cancel the Amazon Prime free trial.
This is how to cancel Amazon Prime memberships. Remeber that, if you had a paid Amazon Prime subscritption, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund, depending on how often you have used Amazon Prime services. If you decide to cancel Amazon Prime free trial, you can still use Amazon Prime services until the end of the trial period, for free.
We hope we’ve managed to teach you how to cancel Amazon Prime free trial, and we hope you can now do it on your own. If you encounter any issues, Amazon offers assistance at their Help page. Please feel free to leave bellow any impressions or opinions you might have regarding this guide.