*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you want to cut back on spending or stop paying for a service you no longer use, you may find yourself needing to cancel an Xbox Live account. This process is not as confusing as some people make it out to be. Keep reading to learn how to cancel Xbox Live subscriptions on a computer or Xbox console.
How to Cancel Xbox Live on a Computer in 6 Easy Steps
- Type the Microsoft account login portal webpage into a web browser and then sign in to your Microsoft/Xbox account.
- Click “Services and Subscriptions” from the horizontal menu bar at the top of the page.
- Go down the list of all your subscriptions until you reach your Xbox Live account.
- Click “Pay Now” to pay any outstanding balances. You cannot cancel your account until your balance is at $0.00.
- Select the “Cancel” link in the Xbox Live area to cancel your subscription.
- Confirm that you would like to cancel your account.
How to Cancel Xbox Live on a Console in 7 Easy Steps
- Turn on your Xbox One console.
- User the controller to select the “Settings” area.
- Go to “Account” and then “Subscriptions” to find a list of all your Xbox subscriptions.
- Scroll down until you hit the Xbox Live subscription and then press the A button on your controller to select it.
- Pick the “Payment and billing” section that is marked with an icon of an envelope.
- Select the “Cancel Subscription” link.
- Confirm that you do want to cancel your Xbox Live subscription.
Xbox Support gives you the option of waiting to have a live chat session or posting on the online support forums if you are having trouble cancelling your Xbox Live subscription. You can also learn more about the process by reading their help articles on the subject.