This guide will explain how to change a Spotify username. Note that, Spotify usernames cannot be changed per se. However, there are several things you can do to change your Spotify display name. This guide will present the steps you need to follow for each option.
How to Change a Spotify Username in 5 Easy Steps
One way to change your Spotify username is simply to create a new account. While this may sound a bit too complicated simply to change your username, you can transfer your content from the old account to the new quite easily. Below, we will explain how to change a Spotify username using this method, including how to transfer your songs and playlists from one account to another.
- Open your browser or app of choice and navigate to Spotify.
- Click on the “Sign up” option on the top right corner of the screen while signed out.
- Fill out the information as you like on the new page, including the username you want to use. You can also sign up for a new account using Facebook (if using this option, your username will automatically be the name on your Facebook account and cannot be changed).
- Fill out the contact form requesting assistance with moving your old content to your new account. If an automated message is sent to your email after this, reply requesting assistance against (even if it’s a no-reply message). Help should be there shortly.
- Delete your old account once your songs and playlists have successfully been moved to your new account.
How to Change Your Spotify Profile Name in 3 Easy Steps
There is also a profile name attached to Spotify accounts. While changing this won’t actually change the username attached to your account, it will change how it appears on the Spotify Community forums and similar locations.
- Open your browser of choice and navigate to the Spotify Community website (ensure you are logged into Spotify or the Community website at this point).
- Click the gear icon on the top right side of the page.
- Type in a new profile name into the “Username” field in the middle of the screen, then click “Change Username” to complete the process. This can be done as often as you like.
And there you have it, a brand new account with a brand new name and all your old content right where you left it. While it can seem a bit confusing at first, it’s still quite easy to get your Spotify username changed with minimal effort. If at any point you’re confused or you’ve hit a bump in the road, you can message the Spotify customer service team through their contact form to get some extra help with the process.
If you’ve had any experience changing your Spotify username or know how to change a Spotify username in some other way, leave us a comment!