Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Facebook encourages users to use their most common name in their Facebook profile, so you may end up deciding to change your name on Facebook. Whether you have undergone a legal name change or just want to alter a nickname on Facebook, this article will be quite helpful. We will provide you with easy-to-follow instructions on how to change your name on Facebook.
How to Change Name on Facebook on a Computer in 8 Easy Steps
Use these steps to change your Facebook name through the Facebook settings area.
- Go to the Facebook website and login to your account if needed.
- Click the small arrow in the upper right hand corner of the menu to make a small drop-down menu appear.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Click the “Name” subsection of the settings page.
- Write the new name that you want associated with your account into the name field. Keep in mind that the name cannot include symbols or titles.
- Click the “Review Change” button.
- Enter your Facebook password to confirm that you have authorization to change the name on that account.
- Click “Save Changes” to permanently change your Facebook name.
How to Change Name on Facebook on a Mobile in 8 Easy Steps
- Open the Facebook app by tapping the blue and white icon on your phone’s home page.
- Look at the bottom of the app’s screen to find an area labeled “Settings & Privacy,” and click on these words.
- Go to the “General” subsection of the settings.
- Choose the “Name” area to edit your current name on Facebook.
- Type the new name that you have selected for your Facebook account.
- Click “Review Change.”
- Enter your Facebook password to confirm your identity.
- Finish changing your name by clicking “Save Changes.”
Remember that Facebook only lets you change your name every 60 days, so make sure it is correctly inputted. Your new name will need to follow acceptability standards. You can learn more about how name changes on Facebook work by reading their many informational articles on Facebook naming.