Netflix is now dominating the internet entertainment scene. Netflix original series are better than ever, and having a Netflix account has become an absolute must. To create a Netflix account, you’ll need to set up a Netflix password, to keep your account secure. If you feel your password is no longer safe, it’s a good idea to change your Netflix password. Likwise, if you are using the same password for multiple accounts, you should definitely change it. If you don’t know how to change Netflix password, this article will guide you through the process. We’ll be looking at how to change Netflix password on your PC, mobile devices, PS4 and Xbox.
How to Change Netflix Password on PC
In this part of our article, we’ll deal with how to change your Netflix password on PC. Remember that, if you change your Netflix password on one device, it will change your password across all devices. Because when you change your Netflix password, you’re actually changing it for your Netflix account.
Netflix Password Change in 10 Easy Steps
To change your password on PC, you need to follow the steps below. These instructions apply only if you remember your current Netflix account password. If you cannot remember your current Netflix password, you should look at the instructions in the next section. To simply change your Netflix password, you’ll have to go through the Netflix login procedure first. Here’s how:
- Go to the Netflix website, netflix.com
- Click on the “Sign In” button at the top of the Netflix.com landing page
- Make sure that this is the primary account (this is very important)
- Select your name in the upper right corner
- Go to Your Account
- Click on the Update email and password link
- Type in your current Netflix account password in the Current Password field
- Write the new password you want for your Netflix account in the New Password field
- Type in your new Netflix password again in the Confirm New Password field
- Click on Save
Now you have a whole new Netflix password. You should receive a confirmation message on the email address associated with your Netflix account. The message should tell you that you just changed your Netflix password.
Netflix Password Change (Forgot Current Password) in 12 Easy Steps
As you may have noticed, to change Netflix password, you need to write your current password. If you forget your current Netflix password, you can still change it. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to netflix.com
- Click on Sign In button, just as you would if you wanted to begin the Netflix login procedure.
- Click on the “Forgot password?” link beneath the Netflix login menu.
- Select which method you’d like to use to recover your password.
- If you choose email, you will receive the Netflix password recovery instructions on your email.
- If you choose Text, you will receive a message explaining how to change your Netflix password.
- Lastly, if you choose Voice, you will get a phone call from Netflix customer service.
- Depending on the what you chose, you will have to write the necessary contact details (email address or phone numbers).
- Click on the blue button below.
- You should receive the password recovery instructions in a couple of moments.
- Return to the Netflix login page and write the temporary Netflix login credentials.
- Once you have accessed your Netflix account, type your new preferred password.
- Retype the password to confirm you want to change it.
Change Your Netflix Password on Android and iOS in 10 Easy Steps
If you prefer watching your movies or shows on your mobile devices rather than on your PC, there are ways to change your password for pretty much every platform you might be using. Interestingly, it works via the same procedure applies for every mobile platform, so one set of steps should be enough.
- Go to Netflix
- Click on Sign In
- Type in your email address
- Select Next
- Select the Forgot password? link, situated under Sign In
- Select one of the three options of recovering your password
- Type in your telephone number or Email
- Click on the Email Me, Text Me, or Call Me, depending on what you chose
- Follow the instructions you’ve received
Remember that if you change your Netflix password on your mobile device, you’re not changing it just for the Netflix app. You’re changing the password for your entire Netflix account. Thus, you’ll have the use the new password when you go throug the Netflix login procedure on your PC as well.
Netflix Password Change (PS3 and PS4)
You can access your Netflix account from your PS3 or PS4 as well. If you don’t know how to change Netflix password on your PS4, you can follow the steps outlined above. The Netflix login and password change procedures are similar on PS4 and PC.
Netflix Password on Xbox
To change your Netflix password on Xbox, you can use the same password change steps we described for PC. If you have your Netflix login credentials, all you need to do is follow the instructions you’ve received. If you have forgotten your password, you’ll need to be able to check your phone or email for the temporary Netflix login credentials. However, the following steps are pretty much the same.
Keep in mind that Netflix offers a variety of answers in their FAQ section. You can also browse through the help center for any issues you might have. In case you need hands-on assistance, you can use the Netflix Live Chat or make a call through the Netflix app.
Now you should know how to change Netflix password on any device that has the Netflix app installed. For further details, consult the Netflix website, netflix.com