*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Kik is a fun messaging app that makes it easy to interact with others who have your username. Though the username for your account cannot be changed without making a new account, you can change the username that will appear in your friend’s contact lists. In this article, we will show you the steps for how to change your Kik username display.
How to Change Your Kik Username on iOS and Android in 6 Easy Steps
Whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone, the process for changing your display username remains the same.
- Open the Kik a3pp on your phone by tapping the Kik icon, and login if needed.
- Click the “Settings” icon in the upper right hand corner of the app. It will look like a grey gear.
- Tap the “Your Account” menu option located next to the user icon.
- Select the “Name” option on the account settings menu. This will make a pop-up window appear where you can change your username.
- Enter the name you would like to have associated with your Kik account into the blank fields.
- Tap the grey “OK” button and then confirm your change.
How to Change Your Kik Username on Windows Phones in 6 Easy Steps
The Kik app on Windows phones looks a little different, so you will need to follow these steps instead if you have a Windows phone.
- Tap the Kik icon on your phone to open the app, and sign in to your account.
- Select the grey gear in the top right hand side of the app to go to the Settings menu.
- Choose the “Your Account” option on the list of Settings options.
- Click on the “Change Display Name” tab.
- Erase your old Kik display name and type in the new one.
- Click “OK” and then click “Confirm” to save your new Kik name.
Change Kik Username Final Words
Once you complete these steps, the username in your Kik notifications, conversations, and contact lists will update to match the new name you selected. If you run into any problems while changing your Kik username, you can email Kik at [email protected] or search for help in the Kik help center.