*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
With all the security breaches lately, it can be a good idea to change your password on your Yahoo Mail account. This article will walk you through each step of the Yahoo password changing process and give you tips on changing your password from any type of device. Keep reading to learn how to change your password on Yahoo Mail quickly.
How to Change Your Password on Yahoo Mail on a Computer in 8 Easy Steps
If you want to change your Yahoo Mail password while you are on a laptop or desktop computer, you can follow these steps in any web browser.
- Type the Yahoo Mail login portal address into the address bar to go to the Yahoo Account Info area.
- Login to your account if you are not already signed in.
- Click the “Account Security” option on the menu. It will have an icon of a padlock on it.
- Enter your username and password again to confirm your identity.
- Click the “Change Password” option on the Account Security menu.
- Enter your new password into the field labeled “New Password.” You can check the “show password” option to make sure you are typing it correctly.
- Type the new password again in the second field to confirm your choice.
- Click the “Continue” button.
How to Change Your Password on Yahoo Mail on a Mobile in 10 Easy Steps
- Open your Yahoo Mail app.
- Tap the Menu icon, which looks like a series of horizontal, purple lines.
- Click the “Manage Accounts” option on the menu.
- Choose the “Account info” area of the menu.
- Select “Security settings.”
- Type your mobile security code if you have one.
- Click on the “Change password” option.
- Tap “I would rather change my password” to continue.
- Enter your new password into the first box, and then type it in again in the second box.
- Select the “Continue” button to finish.
Keep in mind that this will also change your password for other Yahoo services like Yahoo Answers. If you run into any problems while changing your password, talk to Yahoo by filling out their contact form or get help by posting in the Yahoo community forums.