*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
One of Facebook’s most useful features is the ability to check-in to various locations. This allows you to save memories of good times and invite your friends to come join you. You can use Facebook’s check-in feature on any computer or internet enabled smartphone. Our article will show you how to check-in on Facebook from most popular devices.
How to Check-in on Facebook on a Computer in 7 Easy Steps
When you check-in on Facebook through a computer browser, you will need to use these steps.
- Go to the official Facebook page and login to your account if you are not already signed in.
- Click on the “What’s on your mind?” field that is at the top of your Facebook news feed.
- Select the location icon, which looks like a teardrop with a circle in it and says “Check in.”
- Search for the location you would like to check in to.
- Choose to pick a date for your check-in, add a photo, tag your friends, or mention what you were doing at that location if desired.
- Pick which Facebook friends you would like to share the post with.
- Click on the “Post” button.
How to Check-in on Facebook on a Mobile in 7 Easy Steps
- Tap the blue Facebook icon to open the app on your phone.
- Enter your login information if you are not already logged in on the app.
- Tap the pink rectangle at the top of your News Feed that is labeled “Location” and has a location icon in it.
- Pick your desired check-in area from the list of nearby locations.
- Add any optional details like activities, friends tagging, photos, and videos if desired.
- Write a status update to go with the post if you want to.
- Tap on the “Post” button.
These steps make it easy to let your friends and family members know where you are. Make sure you have location services turned on if you want to do this from a phone. If you have any other questions, you can contact Facebook through their Help Center.