Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Folders are a great way to sort and store files on your Mac, and all Macs use the same basic process for making folders. If you need a new folder, all you need to do is follow the instructions in this article. Our guide will show you how to create a folder on Mac with a few basic methods.
How to Create a Folder on Mac on Finder in 6 Easy Steps
To make any sort of new folder on your Mac, use these steps.
- Open the Finder on your Mac.
- Go to the location where you would like to store your new folder, such as the Desktop or Documents area.
- Click the “File” button at the top of the page.
- Choose “New Folder” from the list of options. Keep in mind that this option will only be available in certain locations, because you can only make new folders in some locations on the Mac.
- Type the name for the new folder you would like to create.
- Press Return to finish saving your new folder.
How to Create a Folder on Mac on Pages in 7 Easy Steps
This method is only useful for creating folders for documents, but it is much quicker than the more general method of creating folders on a Mac.
- Open Pages and start the document you want to save in a new folder.
- Click “File” at the top of the screen to open a dropdown menu.
- Select “Save” from the dropdown menu.
- Choose the location for where you would like to save your new folder.
- Click the “New Folder” option on the bottom of the “Save As” page.
- Name your new folder.
- Click “Create” and then “Save.”
Both of these methods of creating a new folder give you a convenient place to store and organize your Mac files. If you encounter any issues while trying to make a new folder, you can speak to a member of the Apple support team for more help.