A YouTube account allows you to upload your own videos, subscribe to your favorite YouTube accounts, and comment on any video. Since YouTube is owned by Google, you will need to create a Google account first. In this article, we will show you how to create a YouTube account from a computer or phone.
How to Create a YouTube Account on a Computer in 11 Easy Steps
To make a new account with YouTube, follow these steps:
- Type the official YouTube webpage into your web browser.
- Click the blue button that says “Sign in.” It will be located in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose the “More options” link instead of signing in.
- Click on the “Create an Account” choice.
- Provide Google with your name, birthday, and gender if desired. These can be your real information or just information for your internet handle.
- Choose to either create a new Gmail address just for your YouTube account or use an old email address.
- Type the password you want for your account, and then confirm it by typing it again.
- Click “Next” to create your Google account.
- Go back to the YouTube webpage and click the “Upload” arrow in the top righthand corner. This will prompt you to create a YouTube channel linked with your Google account.
- Follow the steps to select a name and privacy settings for your channel.
- Click confirm to create your YouTube account.
How to Create a YouTube Account on a Phone in 10 Easy Steps
- Open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Click the menu icon, which will look like three dots in a row.
- Tap the sign in button.
- Click the plus sign next to “Accounts” to create a new Google account.
- Enter your desired name, birthday, and gender.
- Attach an email address and password to the account.
- Create the Google account.
- Go back to the YouTube homepage and click the upload arrow. Since you do not have a YouTube channel yet, this automatically prompts you to create a YouTube channel.
- Fill in the form with all the information for your new channel.
- Confirm the creation of your Google and YouTube account.
Once you finish these steps, you will be all set up to start uploading, commenting, and subscribing on YouTube. If you run into any issues, try reading the YouTube Help articles or post a question on the official YouTube support forum.