Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple’s iCloud is a versatile service available on iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, as well as Mac and Windows computers. No matter what reasons you have for asking how to delete iCloud account, you can do so with our comprehensive guide.
We will be showcasing the easiest method by which you can delete your iCloud account on iOS, Mac and Windows. But before you proceed, it’s important to know that after removing the iCloud account from all your devices, the files stored in the cloud will be lost. Make sure to retrieve all the relevant items.
How to Delete iCloud Account on iOS in 6 Easy Steps
The following method regarding the deletion of an iCloud account only works on devices with iOS such as iPhones or iPads. To start deleting your accounts, just follow the next steps:
- Press the Home button of your device.
- Tap the Settings menu.
- Select the iCloud tab.
- Scroll down at the bottom of the page.
- Press the Delete Account button.
- Tap Delete on the confirmation window.
After you’ve completed the last step, all the files from iCloud that were on the device you performed the action on will be deleted. If you also used iCloud on Mac, then go to the next section of our guide.
How to Delete iCloud Account on Mac in 5 Easy Steps
In order to remove your iCloud account on Mac OS X or previous versions, you need to follow the next few simple steps:
- Start your Mac device.
- Click on the Apple logo on top of the main screen.
- Select the System Preferences menu.
- Search for the iCloud icon.
- Click the Sign Out button.
This option will remove all the synchronized files from the iCloud to your Mac. Make sure you have created a proper backup of all relevant items following the guidelines provided by Apple. You can create a backup of your files and folders using you iTunes account.
Finally, if you also installed and used the iCloud on a Windows PC then go to the next section for more details.
How to Delete iCloud Account on Windows in 10 Easy Steps
On Windows devices, besides deleting your account you can also delete the iCloud app to completely limit access to the service. To do so, just follow the next steps:
- Launch the iCloud app.
- Click the Sign Out button.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Under the Programs menu, click uninstall a program.
- Search for iCloud.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the uninstaller.
- Select to Remove not Repair the program.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Click Finish.
How to delete iCloud Account Without Password in 5 Easy Steps
Many users encounter issues when they try to delete the iCloud account after losing their password. If you forgot your iCloud password, know that it’s possible to delete the account even without having to type in the password. Follow the steps below if you are in this situation:
- Click on the Settings app and open the iCloud app. When asked to type in your password, simply write any random number.
- Click OK on the message that tells you that the information you entered is incorrect.
- Tap the Cancel button which will take you back to the iCloud page.
- Tap on the account another time, remove the description and tap the Done button. You will be taken to the main page without being required to provide the forgotten password.
- Scroll down to find the Delete button and tap it. Finally, you will need to press “Delete” one more time for confirmation.
This concludes our guide on how to delete iCloud account using simple ways to remove the account from iOS, Mac and Windows. In case you need iCloud support, Apple provides a variety of articles on this topic. You can contact the support team directly if you need further assistance. You can share your opinions and personal experience in the comments section below.