*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Instagram makes it easy to monitor your social media presence, because you can delete awkward comments at any time. Users can delete their own comments on any type of photo, and they can also delete other people’s comments on their own pictures. This article will show you how to delete Instagram comments fast and easily.
How to Delete Instagram Comments on a Computer in 6 Easy Steps
Though Instagram is mostly used on phones, you can delete Instagram comments from a computer with these instructions.
- Login to your account on the official Instagram website if needed.
- Click on the photo that contains the comment you need to delete. Keep in mind that you can only delete other people’s comments if they comment on your own picture.
- Scroll through the comments section until you find one you want to delete.
- Hover your mouse over the comment to see a small X icon show up to the left of the comment.
- Click on the X to bring up a deletion menu.
- Select the “Delete Comment” option to completely delete the comment on Instagram.
How to Delete Instagram Comments on a Phone in 7 Easy Steps
When you delete an Instagram comment on the phone, you have a few more options during the deletion steps.
- Tap the camera icon to open the Instagram app.
- Locate the picture that contains the comment you want to delete.
- Swipe to the left side on the comment you would like to delete.
- Click the trash can icon that shows up when you swipe the comment.
- Select the “Delete & Report Abuse” option if you are deleting someone else’s comment and would like to report them for harassment, inappropriate behavior, or other actions that break Instagram’s rules.
- Tap “Delete” if you just want to delete the comment without reporting the commenter.
- Confirm the deletion.
Once you delete the Instagram comment, it cannot be retrieved. This process is a great way to get rid of any accidental comments you made or offensive comments made by others. If you run into any problems during the deletion process, you can find assistance on the Instagram Help Center.