*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you managed to find a relationship on the Tinder app, you may decide to remove your account. Others who find that the Tinder system does not work for them might also decide to delete their account with Tinder. When it is time to do that, use this article to learn how to delete Tinder on a phone or via Facebook.
How to Delete Tinder Account on the App in 9 Easy Steps
These convenient steps will show you how to delete your Tinder account on the Tinder app.
- Tap the flame icon to open Tinder on your phone.
- Sign in to your account if needed.
- Click the gear icon in the upper left hand corner of the Tinder home page to open the settings page.
- Tap the “App Settings” area to manage your account preferences.
- Go down to the bottom of the menu to find the delete button.
- Click the delete button and read the information that will pop up on your screen about account deletion.
- Select the red “Delete” button to confirm that you wish to delete your Tinder account.
- Tap the “Got It” button to exit from the account deletion screen.
- Uninstall Tinder from your phone if desired.
How to Delete Tinder Account on Facebook in 8 Easy Steps
Since Tinder links to your Facebook account, the Tinder account will not be completely deleted until you also delete the account on Facebook.
- Login to the Facebook website on a mobile or computer web browser.
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Click the gear icon to load your Facebook settings page.
- Select the “Privacy” area of the settings menu.
- Click on the “Apps” section found in the menu on the left side of the page.
- Find the Tinder app in your apps settings page, and click the pencil icon to edit the Tinder app settings on Facebook.
- Select the “Remove App” option.
- Click the “Remove” button in the popup window to confirm your choice.
Once you finish deleting the account, you and other people cannot access your matches, messages, and other information associated with the account. However, you will still need to pay subscription feeds until the pay period is completed. If you need more assistance, you can contact Tinder support for help.