If you no longer need to use Uber’s ride ordering services, you may decide to close your account with Uber. Whether you are a driver or a rider, you can delete your Uber account using either a computer or a phone. In this article, we will guide you through the steps of removing your Uber account for good.
How to Delete Uber Account on a Computer in 5 Easy Steps
Uber has a webpage just for people who want to delete their accounts, so it is very easy to close your Uber account from a computer.
- Go to the Uber account deletion page.
- Click the “Sign in to get help” button and enter your Uber login information into the correct areas.
- Type “Yes” in the field below the question “Do you wish to delete your account?”
- Write the reason for your desire to delete your account into the box labeled “share details.” You can just write something vague like “account no longer needed,” or you can write any specific complaints you have.
- Click the green button that says “Submit” to finish closing your account with Uber.
How to Delete Uber Account on a Mobile in 4 Easy Steps
- Open the Uber app on your phone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines to open the menu on the Uber app.
- Click the area that says “Help” and then choose the “Account and Payment” option in the help section.
- Pick “Account Settings and Ratings.”
- Scroll through this menu until you reach the “Delete my Uber Account” option at the bottom of the screen, and click this option.
- Write “Yes” when the app asks if you want to delete your account.
- Provide an answer for why you wish to delete your account. This can be as vague or as detailed as you desire.
- Tap the black button that says “Submit” to finish the account deletion process.
As soon as you complete these steps, Uber will begin removing your information from their servers, and you will no longer be able to login to your account. If you need to learn anything else about the Uber deletion process, contact the company by filling out their contact form.