If you no longer need to use Uber’s ride ordering services, you may decide to close your account with Uber. There are two basic ways in which you can remove your Uber account. There are two stages to deleting your Uber account. You will first have to disable your Uber account. You will still be able to reactivate it within 30 days, should you change your mind. If you do not reactivate it in 30 days, then your Uber account will be permanently deleted. This guide will show you how to delete Uber account on your computer, from the main Uber website, and how to delete Uber account from the app.
How to Delete Uber Account on a Computer in 6 Easy Steps
The easies way to delete Uber account on a computer is by going to the main Uber website. Follow the steps below to see what you will need to do.
- Open the Uber website, www.uber.com.
- You will need to sign in to your account to begin the deletion process. To do so, start by clicking the Sign In button at the top of the www.uber.com landing page.
- In the first field of the Uber login menu, enter your email address or phone number.
- Alternatively, you can use your Facebook or Google account login details to sign in. You can do so only if you have your Uber account linked to either your Facebook or Google account.
- Once you have gained access to your Uber account, you will have to submit a request to have your Uber account deleted.
- Specify the reason why you want to delete your Uber account.
- Wait for confirmation that your account has been deactivated.
How to Delete Uber Account from App
- Open the Uber app on your phone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines to open the menu on the Uber app.
- Click the area that says “Help” and then choose the “Account and Payment” option in the help section.
- Pick “Account Settings and Ratings.”
- Scroll through this menu until you reach the “Delete my Uber Account” option at the bottom of the screen, and click this option.
- Write “Yes” when the app asks if you want to delete your Uber account.
- Provide an answer for why you wish to delete your account.
- Tap the black button that says “Submit” to finish the account deletion process.
That is how to delete Uber account using a mobile device. There is an alternative method, however.
- Open your browser app.
- Access the www.uber.com website.
- Sign in to your account using your phone number or email address, or using your Facebook or Google account login credentials.
- Submit an account deletion request.
- Provide a reason why you wish to delete Uber account.
As soon as you complete these steps, your Uber account will be deactivated. The information related to your Uber account will not be delete immediatly however. You will have 30 days during which you can change your mind and reactivate your account. If you do not reactivate it, only then will your Uber account be permanently deleted. If you need to learn anything else about how to delete Uber account, contact the company by filling out their contact form.