Whether you are concerned about security breaches or just want to remove an old account, you may find yourself needing to delete a Yahoo account. Deleting an email can be more difficult than deleting other types of accounts, but you do not need to worry. With the information in this article, you can easily remove an unwanted Yahoo account. Find out how to delete Yahoo account using your laptop or mobile device.
How to Delete Yahoo Account in 6 Easy Steps
- Go to yahoo.com and sign in to the Yahoo account you want to delete. If it is so old that you have forgotten your password, you will need to use the Yahoo password recovery link to access the account.
- Visit the Yahoo account termination page at once you are logged in.
- Read all of the information about what happens when you delete a Yahoo account and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Type your Yahoo email password again in the blank box.
- Enter the visual captcha code into the box labeled “type the code shown” to confirm your identity.
- Click the “Yes, Terminate this Account” button to confirm you want to delete your Yahoo account.
How to Delete Yahoo Account on a Mobile in 10 Easy Steps
- Open your phone’s email app if you have your account added on this app.
- Press and hold the account name to bring up an options list.
- Choose the “Remove Account” option.
- Open a mobile web browser once the account is removed from your phone to finish deleting the account.
- Go to the yahoo.com account termination page to start the deletion process.
- Enter your Yahoo username and password into the correct boxes.
- Read the account deletion warning and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Confirm your identity by typing in your password again.
- Enter a captcha code
- Tap the “Terminate This Account” button.
Once you use these steps, Yahoo will delete your account in 90 days. You can only reactivate it during this waiting period, and it is completely gone after that. If you run into any issues during the process, check out the Yahoo help section or get in touch with Yahoo.
Bear in mind that once you delete your Yahoo account, you will no longer be able to use other account associated with that Yahoo email address. It’s best if you transfer all your other online accounts to a different personal email address before you delete your Yahoo account. You can find out more about the Yahoo account deletion process at help.yahoo.com.