Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Instagram allows users to disable the comment section on a photo that the user has posted to hide all existing comments and stop new comments. If you are tired of receiving comment notifications or want to stop unpleasant conversations in your comments, use the instructions in this article. We will show you two convenient methods on how to disable comments on Instagram.
How to Disable Comments on Instagram Before Posting in 6 Easy Steps
If you know that you want to disable the comments on your post before you even post it, follow these steps to prevent the possibility of comments.
- Open your Instagram app and prepare to post the picture that you plan on disabling the comments on.
- Tap the “Next” button after taking your picture and editing it.
- Select the “Advanced Settings” area on the new post settings. It will be located at the bottom of the page.
- Slide the “Turn Off Commenting” button to turn on this option. When comments are disabled, the switch will turn blue instead of grey.
- Click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the “Share” button to post the image without allowing any comments.
How to Disable Comments on Instagram After Posting in 5 Easy Steps
If the comment section on your post is starting to get out of hand, you can hide all comments and stop new ones with these steps.
- Tap the Instagram icon on your phone to open it.
- Find the image that you would like to disable comments for. Keep in mind that Instagram will only let you do this for images posted from the account you are logged in to.
- Tap the picture to go to the page of comments and likes for it.
- Click the line of dots on the upper right corner of the image to bring up a list of options.
- Select the “Turn Off Commenting” option on the menu for that post.
These methods are a great way to retain control over your posts. No one will see or be able to add comments on a post once you complete these steps, but you can still turn commenting back on later if you change your mind. For more help, contact Instagram support.