*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Making a Google account gives you access to all of Google’s services, including YouTube, Email, Google Drive, and Google Plus, from one convenient account. Even if you already have an account, it is very easy to make a new one. In this article, we will teach you how to make a Google account.
How to Make a Google Account on a Computer in 12 Easy Steps
The easiest way to make a Google Account is just to go to your computer and follow these steps.
- Enter the official Google website address into your web browser.
- Click the blue “Sign in” button in the upper right hand corner of the web page.
- Select the “More Options” button at the bottom of the login page.
- Choose the “Create account” menu option.
- Click the “I prefer to use my current email address” link if you do not want a new Google email to go with your account, or skip this step.
- Fill out the form with your name, birthday, and gender. This information can be fake if desired.
- Either enter any email address or choose a new email username, depending on which option you chose in step 5.
- Create a secure password for your account, and enter it again to confirm your choice.
- Answer the Captcha to prove that you are not a bot, and agree to Google’s terms and services.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
- Upload a profile image for your account, or just skip this step and click “Next Step” again.
- Click “Get Started” to finish making your account.
These steps will work on any type of browser or device, and then you will end up with a Google account. Just make sure to pick a unique username to avoid errors. To find out more about the subject, read the information on Google Accounts from the Google Support Center.