*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have accidentally deleted a text message that you need to read again, do not worry. This article will show you how to retrieve deleted text messages on Android devices. Though it takes a few extra steps and requires you to download some free software, getting back deleted texts is possible when you follow this method.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Android in 10 Easy Steps
Do not be concerned by the high number of steps, because it is actually quite simple to access deleted text messages from an Android.
- Download an Android Data Recovery onto your computer so that you can actually access recently deleted data. Popular ones include FonePaw or Android Recovery.
- Connect your phone to your computer with an USB cable.
- Go to your Settings app to enter the USB debugging mode. This can be done by clicking “development,” “developer options,” or “about phone,” depending on your model.
- Wait while the program scans your phone for recently removed data.
- Choose “Message” as the type of file you would like to recover while on the computer.
- Pick the specific files you would like to recover by selecting files with the correct date.
- Go to your phone and give the program permission to scan SMS data.
- Preview the text messages you would like to recover.
- Click the recover button to store the messages as a CSV or HTML file on your computer.
- Open the computer file in a text editor to read it.
These steps help ensure that even deleted information is not lost forever. Once you have the program on your computer, you can recover lost texts at any time. If you need more information about the process, you can go to the Android Help Center to get more aid.