Using a Mac or MacBook may seem daunting if you are used to PCs. Trying to right click may not seem self-explanatory with the single button mouse or trackpad. Fortunately, right clicking on your Mac is a simple process. Therefore, this handy step-by-step guide will teach you how to right click on a Mac or MacBook and how to enable right click on a trackpad.
How to Right Click on a Mac in 2 Easy Steps
You can right click on any version of Mac or MacBook. Performing the right click function on your Mac requires a keyboard and mouse or trackpad. The following instructions will guide you through the process of right clicking on your Mac or MacBook:
- Press the Control key on your keyboard and hold it down.
- Click with your mouse or touchpad where you want to right click to complete the action. You can stop holding Control after clicking.
How to Right Click on a Mac with a Trackpad in 7 Easy Steps
If you are using a MacBook or other device with a trackpad, you can enable right clicking with the trackpad in the preferences. Once enabled, you can use either two-finger tapping or corner tapping to right click without holding the Control key. The following instructions will guide you through the steps to turn on and use this feature:
- Open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences… from the menu options.
- Choose the Trackpad icon.
- Click the Point & Click tab.
- Check the box next to Secondary click to turn on alternative right click options.
- Select the way you want to right click from the available options. Choose Click or tap with two fingers if you want to use two-finger right-clicking. You can also choose from the corner clicking options.
- Tap appropriately on the touchpad to use the right click feature after you have made your selections.
With these instructions, you can easily right click on your Mac or MacBook whenever you need to. Also, if you need help with doing a print screen on Mac you can follow our instructions. If you run into any issues, Apple offers a variety of online resources to assist you at Apple Support. You can also ask questions or share your experiences in the comments section below.