Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Twitter is a fun way to share videos, but it does not have any intuitive way to download them. Many people try using third-party apps to download videos, but there is actually a quick trick that lets you download videos directly. You can use this handy article to learn how to save Twitter videos on your computer or phone.
How to Save Twitter Videos on a Computer in 8 Easy Steps
Follow these steps to quickly and easily download a Twitter video.
- Go to Twitter’s official webpage and find the video that you want to save.
- Click the arrow at the top of the video to get more options.
- Select the “copy link to Tweet” option near the top of the menu to make a popup appear with the URL link for the video.
- Paste the link in your browser address, but modify it so that the word “mobile” is inserted between the “https://” and “.twitter” part of the links. This changes it to a mobile version of the video link that you will be allowed to download, unlike the normal version.
- Press enter to load the video with its modified URL, and right click on the video to bring up a list of options.
- Choose “Save Video as” from the list of options.
- Pick the name, file type, and location on your computer that you would like to use for the newly saved video.
- Click “Save” to finish saving the Twitter video onto your computer.
How to Save Twitter Videos on a Mobile in 5 Easy Steps
The computer exploit does not work from a phone, so you will need a little help from a website when you download the video onto a phone.
- Launch the Twitter app on your phone and find the video that you want to download.
- Press and hold the video to bring up a list of options, and then choose the “copy link” option.
- Open the browser app on your phone and go to the Download-Twitter-Videos website.
- Paste the URL of the video you would like to download into the box that says “Enter Twitter video URL.”
- Choose to download the video as a MP3 or MP4 file to save the video to your phone.
With these steps, you can conveniently save all your favorite Twitter videos on your phone or computer. This will protect them in case the original Tweet is deleted. For more assistance with using your Twitter account, check out the Twitter Help Center.