*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have recently decided to switch from an Android phone to an iPhone, you’ll likely want to transfer your contacts from one device to another. This guide will show you how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. There are three alternative methods presented here, each quite simple to follow.
1. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using your SIM Card
Possibly the simplest and most intuitive method of transferring contacts from one phone to another, this can be accomplished in just a few minutes by even those most unfamiliar with technology. So let us guide through the process and at the end you’ll how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Some users might encounter a very big issue with this method, so they can very easily just use the next ones. They are just as simple to complete as the first one. The issue is that some users might have trouble with the SIM card. Some SIM cards are bigger than the iPhone slot, so the card might not fit.
In that case, you can either talk to your service provider (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and ask them to provide you with a different SIM card, or you could risk it and try cutting the card by yourself. Regardless, here is how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using your SIM card.
While still on your Android device:
- Go to the Phone menu
- Enter the Contacts tab
- Tap the ‘Options’ button or click on the menu icon (depends on your phone)
- Tap on Import/Export
- Select “Import from device storage.” This will transfer all your contacts and contact details to the SIM card
- Turn off your Android device and remove the SIM
- Insert the SIM card into the iPhone
- Turn on your device
- Go to Settings
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap on the Import SIM Contacts option. This will transfer all your contacts to the Apple device storage. Alternatively, you can leave your contacts in the SIM.
And that’s it. You now know how to how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using just your SIM card.
2. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using Gmail
The second option is just as simple and easy to follow as the last. But, just like the previous method, this one might also pose some problems to some users. This is because the method needs the user to have a Gmail account in order to put it to use. Without having a Gmail account, a user couldn’t save even one contact using this method.
But for those users that want to learn how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone that do have Google Accounts, it’s a very simple endeavor. So, I will guide you through the process to make sure that you get everything right.
When adding a new contact in your phone, if you have a connected Google account you will be asked whether you want to add it to Gmail or to your SIM card. Here’s what to do next:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Accounts and Sync
- Select Google
- Enter your credentials – your Gmail login username and password
- Wait for Android to sync the contacts to your Gmail account
- Get your new iPhone device
- Go to Settings
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Tap on Gmail
- Insert your Gmail credentials once more
- Here, you will be asked to select the information you want to synchronize
- Select Contacts, as well as any other items you want to transfer to your new device
- Wait for Gmail to sync the contact and the other items
That’s how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using your Gmail account. Your contacts will continue to be stored on your Google Drive. As long as you synchronize your Contacts with Google Drive, you will be able to transfer them from one device to another using this same method.
3. How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using an App
If for whatever reason you don’t want or can’t use the methods listed above, there is also a convenient app designed by Apple, specifically
- Still on your Android, go to the Google Play Store
- Search for Move to iOS
- Install the app
- Launch the app
- Bring you iPhone close to your Android device
- Enter the private Wi-Fi credentials on your iPhone
- Go back to the Android device
- Select all the data you want to transfer, including the contacts
- Wait until the transfer is complete. You’ll see a confirmation message when it’s done.
For further information on how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS app, you can take a look at the dedicated Apple support page.
These are the easiest methods to transfer your contacts from an Android to an iOS device. Do you know any other ways how to transfer contacts from Android to iOS? Feel free to add in the comments!
Image sources: 1, 2, 3