How to Uninstall Programs on Mac in 10 Easy Steps
To ensure you have completely uninstalled a program from your Mac laptop or tablet, follow these steps:
- Open a Mac finder window by clicking the blue icon with a smiley face.
- Click the applications option in the menu to open it.
- Browse the applications folder until you find the program you want to remove.
- Click on the icon or the folder and drag it to the trash bin icon.
- Release the mouse button while hovering over the trash bin to drop the item.
- Right click on the trash icon after putting all programs you wish to be deleted into the bin.
- Select the “Empty Trash” option.
- Hold the Option key, click “Go” to bring up a menu, and select the Library option in this menu.
- Look for any files that contain the name of the app. These may hold preferences or other data for the program you just deleted.
- Drag these files into the trash and empty the trash again.
Bear in mind that once you’ve emptied your trash been, you will permanently delete programs on your Mac. With these steps, the program and all related files will be completely gone. For more info on how to uninstall programs on Mac, you can check out the help pages on Apple’s support website. If you need assistance, you can contact the Apple customer service team. If you have deleted Mac programs before, do not hesitate to comment below with more useful tips!