*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
With the Apple Watch you can get directions, receive notifications, keep track of your health goals and more. The functions of the Apple Watch are closely tied to your iPhone so if you want to give your watch to someone or connect it to a phone using a different account you will have to unpair it. Be forewarned: unpairing your Apple Watch will erase the data on it and restore it to factory settings. This guide will exactly how to unpair an Apple Watch.
How to Unpair an Apple Watch in 7 easy steps
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is currently connected to your iPhone. Unlock the watch and swipe up to open Control Center. If your watch and iPhone are connected you will see a phone with the work “connected” displayed at the top of the screen.
- Unlock your iPhone and open the Apple Watch App.
- Select Apple Watch.
- 4. Confirm that the Apple Watch you want to unpair is listed on the Apple Watch screen. A short description of the watch will be given under the device’s name.
- Click Unpair Apple Watch and confirm your decision on the pop-up window that will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Wait for the unpairing process to complete. A loading wheel will appear on both the iPhone screen and Apple Watch screen while the process is taking place. When the unpairing is complete the iPhone screen will go back to a pairing screen and the Watch screen will be blank.
- Confirm that the Apple Watch is successfully unpaired by starting it. It will go through a factory reset process and many loading screens before asking you to choose your language.
Do not worry if the Apple Watch seems to be taking a long time to restart after you unpair it. This is normal since it must restore itself to factory settings. After you have unpaired your Apple Watch, you can pair it to any compatible iPhone. If you run into any additional issues you can find support on the official Apple website. If you have questions about how to unpair an Apple Watch or feedback please contact us.