One of the best features of YouTube is that you can upload a video to share with friends or followers around the world. Videos can be uploaded from computers, phones, or even tablets, but the process will vary a little depending on your device. This article will walk you through the instructions on how to upload a video to YouTube from a computer, an Android phone, or an iPhone.
How to Upload a Video to YouTube on a Computer in 8 Easy Steps
This basic process can be used to upload a video to YouTube from computers and tablets.
- Open your preferred web browser and type YouTube’s official website address into the address bar.
- Click the upload icon, which looks like an arrow over a horizontal line, that is located in the upper righthand corner.
- Set your video privacy settings by clicking the dropdown menu.
- Pick the video you want to upload from your computer files.
- Wait for the video to upload.
- Provide the video with a title, description, and tags if desired.
- Check the “Notify Subscribers” box if desired.
- Click the “Publish” or “Done” button to complete the upload.
How to Upload a Video to YouTube on an Android in 7 Easy Steps
- Open the YouTube app on your phone and sign in to your account if needed.
- Click the icon that looks like a small camera.
- Record a new video to upload, if desired, by tapping the video camera icon again.
- Pick an existing video from the gallery to upload something previously recorded.
- Apply any enhancements or edits that you desire to the video and then tap the “Next” button.
- Provide a title and description for your video, and adjust your privacy settings.
- Click “Upload.”
How to Upload a Video to YouTube on an iPhone in 8 Easy Steps
- Click the red icon to open your YouTube app and then sign in to your YouTube account.
- Tap the red and white camera icon.
- Press and hold the camera to record a new video to upload if you do not already have your video recorded yet.
- Scroll through your iPhone’s gallery if you want to upload a preexisting video.
- Edit the video if desired before clicking “Next.”
- Write a title and description for your YouTube video.
- Pick the privacy settings for your video.
- Click on the “Upload” option.
Once you complete these steps, your video will be stored on YouTube, and you will get an email to confirm that the upload was completed. If you need more assistance, you can check out the articles in the YouTube Help Center or post a question on the Community Help Forum.