Although Macs everywhere have a variety of Apple Internet browsers that make accessing the Internet a straightforward process, some instances may require you to use Internet Explorer for Mac. Certain websites, including many online college courses, may recommend viewing in Internet Explorer or IE for better function or proper viewing. The following step-by-step guide will teach you how to download Internet Explorer for Mac.
How to Download Internet Explorer for Mac in 12 Easy Steps
Since there is no direct download for Internet Explorer for Mac, the process to download it to your computer involves several steps. You will sign up for a Microsoft Account, download an application, and subscribe to the IE remote service to accomplish this. The following steps will guide you through the entire process:
1. Sign up for a free Microsoft account if you do not already have one. You can sign up by visiting https://signup.live.com.
2. Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop application to your Mac from the App Store.
3. Subscribe to the Modern IE Remote service by visiting remote.modern.ie. You can sign in with your Microsoft account information from Step 1.
4. Click Yes when prompted to let the app access your information.
5. Select the closest location from the dropdown menu.
6. Click Submit.
7. Launch the Microsoft Remote Desktop application on your Mac.
8. Click the Azure RemoteApp option in the menu bar.
9. Select Get Started when the app opens.
10. Sign in with your Microsoft account information when prompted.
11. Check the box beside Internet Explorer.
12. Select the IE Technical Preview option to launch Internet Explorer and use it on your Mac.
With these simple instructions, you can use Internet Explorer for Mac whenever necessary. Apple provides several support topics that may also assist you on the Apple Support page, including several user discussions about the topic. Please feel free to share your experiences with using IE on Mac or ask any questions about the process in the comments section below.