You established your Minecraft name when you registered for your account, but what if you want a different name? Changing the name that appears on your Minecraft profile is easy to accomplish on the computer and iPad versions of the game. Console versions do not use a unique account profile name. The following step-by-step guide will walk you through changing your name on Minecraft by logging into your Mojang account.
How to Change Your Name on Minecraft for PC in 7 Easy Steps
Changing your Minecraft name is a simple process that only requires login credentials for your Mojang account and a couple of clicks. Also, you can change your name every 30 days if desired. Your old username will stick around for 37 days, so it will be available if you want to change your name back. Take the following steps to change your Minecraft name:
- Navigate to the Mojang account login page.
- Enter your registered email address in the E-mail box.
- Provide your Mojang account password in the Password box.
- Check the Remember me box if desired.
- Click the green Log in button.
- Select the Change link next to your current profile name.
- Enter your new name to complete the process. Names should be 3-16 characters in length and may contain letters, numbers, an underscore, or any combination of those. Your chosen name cannot already be in use or you will have to choose another.
How to Change Your Name on Minecraft for iPad in 5 Easy Steps
You can also change your Minecraft name from your iPad. These instructions also work for older versions of Minecraft. Take the following steps to change your Minecraft name:
- Launch Minecraft on your device.
- Choose the Settings icon.
- Click your profile picture.
- Select the Name option at the top of the list.
- Enter your new name to complete the process.
This handy guide walks you through all the instructions you will need to change your Minecraft name. Moreover, if you run into any issues, Mojang offers online support at their Mojang Help site. You can also use their online Forgot password? link if you have forgotten your account password. Please feel free to ask any questions or leave your comments below.