Siri is an included iPhone feature designed to act as your personal assistant. Using Siri allows you to make phone calls, compose and send messages, locate information, and perform other tasks without having to complete the steps yourself. This feature turns your iPhone into a useful tool for getting things done easily and effectively, which saves you time and effort. If you’ve never used this feature before, read this guide on how to use Siri.
How to Use Siri in 3 Easy Steps
In this first part of our guide, we will explain how to use Siri in general. With the following simple steps, you can accomplish a wide variety of tasks on your phone.
1. Press and hold the Home button on your iPhone.
2. Listen for two beeps or watch for the screen to display the “What can I help you with?” message.
3. Speak your directions clearly, beginning with what you want Siri to do. For example, say “Email Bob Smith” or “Google movies currently in theater” to get Siri to perform the requested action. If you are sending an email or text message, a draft of the message will appear before it is sent. You can send the message by saying “Send” or pressing the Send button.
How to Use Siri in Handsfree Mode
Siri has an optional hand’s free mode that can be used while the phone is connected to a charger. Certain iPhone models also allow you to use Siri in hand’s free mode without being connected to a power supply. Read the following steps to see how to use Siri in handsfree mode.
- Access the Settings menu on the iPhone.
- Select General.
- Select Siri.
- Turn on Allow “Hey Siri”.
Once “Hey Siri” is enabled, follow these steps to ask Siri to do things.
- Say “Hey Siri”.
- Listen for two beeps or watch for the screen to display the “What can I help you with?” message.
- Speak your directions clearly, beginning with what you want Siri to do.
With these steps, you can easily use Siri to accomplish tasks, saving you time and making your phone a more effective tool. If Siri does not understand your request, speak slowly and clearly. Apple has troubleshooting suggestions if Siri does not work. Feel free to share your experiences on how to use Siri in the comments.
Funny Things to Ask Siri
Once you’ve learned how to use Siri, you can also have a lot of fun with it. The makers of Siri assumed people would try to ask Siri some difficult questions, or make statements to confuse Siri, and they’ve prepared really fun replies.
Fun Questions for Siri
Below is a list of fun things to ask Siri. Try to ask Siri these questions and you’ll be surprised by the answers! Let us know in the comments which answers you found the funniest!
- What does Siri mean?
- How old are you?
- Do you eat?
- What are you wearing?
- How much do you cost?
- Do you dance?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s zero divided by zero?
- When will the world end?
- What’s the best cellphone?
Fun Things to Say to Siri
You can also use Siri to ask her to do things, or tell her things that might seem impossible to answer. However, Siri has the perfect replies for most. Here are some of the things you could tell Siri to see how it replies.
- Ok, Google!
- Hi, Cortana!
- I need to hide a body.
- I love you, Siri!
- Sing me a lullaby.