*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you notice any delays or bugs while using Skype to talk to people, it may be because you are using an outdated version of Skype. Fortunately, you can solve a lot of issues just by updating your account. Whether you use the app or the desktop program, you can follow these steps to learn how to update a Skype account.
How to Update Skype Account on a Computer in 5 Easy Steps
If your computer does not automatically update Skype, you can use this process to manually update the program.
- Open the Skype program and sign in to your account.
- Click the “Help” option on the menu bar at the top of your page.
- Choose the “Check for Updates” option and wait while the program connects with Skype and sees if there are any updates available. It will notify you if it finds a newer version of Skype.
- Click the download button in the popup window that will appear to alert you about the update.
- Wait until the download is complete and then click the “Upgrade” button to finish updating your account.
How to Update Skype Account on an Android Phone in 6 Easy Steps
- Open your Google Play Store app by clicking the arrow icon.
- Tap the menu icon, which looks like three horizontal lines, on the left side of the app.
- Pick the “My apps & games” option from the settings menu.
- Tap the “Updates” tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll through the list of pending updates until you find the Skype icon.
- Tap the white “Update” button next to the blue Skype icon to download the newest version of the app onto your phone.
How to Update Skype Account on an iPhone in 6 Easy Steps
- Tap the blue and white icon for the iTunes app store, which can be found on your home screen or menu.
- Click the grey arrow icon that says “Updates” and is located at the bottom of the iTunes App Store.
- Wait a moment to see if any apps require updates. If you get a message saying “All Apps are Up-to-date,” this means that you do not need to update Skype anymore.
- Click the Update button that will appear next to the Skype app’s icon.
- Enter your user ID and password if prompted. You may need to do this before downloading an update if the app was originally downloaded with a different iTunes Store account.
- Wait for the update to finish downloading.
Once you finish these steps, you will get to enjoy any new features on Skype and appreciate a less error-prone version of the program. If you encounter any issues while you are updating your Skype, you can contact the company’s customer service team by filling out their support request form.