Facebook security is extremely important, because your account is linked to your real name. You can improve security by changing your password at any time. As long as you remember your current password, it is very easy to learn how to change your password on Facebook on a computer or phone. You just need to follow the clear, easy-to-understand instructions in this article.
How to Change Your Password on Facebook on a Computer in 8 Easy Steps
Use these steps to quickly change your password from a computer web browser.
- Enter the Facebook website address into your web browser and login to your account if needed.
- Click the little arrow in the upper, righthand corner of Facebook to reveal a drop down menu.
- Pick the “Settings” option on the menu.
- Select the “Security and Login” area from the list of options on the left side of the page.
- Go down to the area titled “Login” and click the “Edit” button next to the “Change Password” phrase.
- Write your current password in the first box to confirm your identity.
- Enter the new password into the middle box, and then enter it again in the bottom box to ensure you have written it correctly. Try to pick a password that is at least six character long and contains numbers, symbols, uppercase letters, and lowercase letters.
- Click the “Save Changes” button to change your password.
How to Change Your Password on Facebook on a Mobile in 7 Easy Steps
To change your password from the Facebook app on a smartphone or tablet, follow these instructions:
- Open the Facebook app by tapping the blue icon, and login to your account if necessary.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the upper, righthand corner of the screen to open your settings area.
- Select the “Account” settings option at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap the “Security and Login” area.
- Hit the “Change Password” option.
- Enter your current password when requested to confirm your identity, and then enter your new choice of a password.
- Tap the “Save Changes” button.
Your new password will make your account secure, but keep in mind that you can only change your password a certain number of times each day. If you have any questions about how this process works, check out the information on the subject in the Facebook Help Center.