Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When you post something on Facebook, it typically shows up in your Timeline and on your profile. However, these posts are not permanent, so you can get rid of accidentally uploaded or undesirable posts. In this article, we will walk you through each of the steps needed to learn how to delete a Facebook post from any type of device.
How to Delete a Facebook Post on a Computer in 6 Easy Steps
If you have decided that you do not want a certain post on Facebook, use these steps to remove the post.
- Go to the official Facebook page in your web browser.
- Click on your profile picture to go to your Facebook profile and Timeline.
- Scroll down until you find the page in your timeline that you would like to remove.
- Click on the arrow that is in the upper right hand corner of the post you want to remove from your Facebook.
- Select the “Delete” option that will appear at the bottom of the drop down menu of options.
- Confirm that you would like to delete the post.
How to Delete a Facebook Post on a Mobile in 6 Easy Steps
- Open the Facebook app on your cell phone and sign in if needed.
- Tap your profile image to go to your own personal Facebook Timeline. All of your posts will show up here.
- Find the post on your Timeline by scrolling through all your posts. They will be arranged chronologically from newest to oldest.
- Tap the post that you want to remove and then click the “More” link next to the post.
- Select the “Delete” option on the photo options menu.
- Verify that you do want to delete the post.
Keep in mind that you can only delete a post that you made yourself. Otherwise, all you can do is hide the post on your timeline or remove a tag. If you need more help with deleting Facebook posts, visit the Facebook support page to view articles on post deletion.