Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Instagram makes it easy to block anyone who is bothering you. However, if you decide you would like the person to be able to view your posts and comment on them again, you can unblock them in just a few steps. Keep reading to learn more about unblocking people on Instagram.
How to Unblock Someone on Instagram on a Computer in 5 Easy Steps
The basic process of unblocking a person on Instagram can be done from any type of web browser.
1. Go to www.instagram.com and login to your Instagram account.
2. Click on the search bar at the top of the web page and type in the username of the person you want to unblock.
3. Select the “Follow” button to immediately unblock a person and follow their account.
4. Click the three dots located next to the “Follow/Following” button in the upper right-hand corner if you want to unblock a person without changing your following status.
5. Pick the “Unblock this user” option.
How to Unblock Someone on Instagram on a Phone in 5 Easy Steps
1. Click the pink, purple, and yellow Instagram icon to open the app on your smartphone and login to your account if necessary.
2. Tap the magnifying glass icon in the menu at the bottom of the page to reveal a search bar.
3. Enter the username of the person you want to unblock into the search bar at the top of the page.
4. Click on that person’s profile.
5. Tap the three dots located in the upper right-hand corner next to the person’s username.
6. Select the “Unblock” option to unblock the person.
These steps will let the Instagram user look at your account again, but the person will not be notified when you unblock them. You can discover more information about this process by reading the articles in the Blocking People section of Instagram’s Help Center.