When you need a flashlight you do not always have one on hand, but your iPhone can easily double as one, and all you have to do is turn the flashlight on. This straightforward process works on most iPhones and is easy to access with the proper steps. The following instructions are all you need to learn how to turn flashlight on iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
How to Turn Flashlight on iPhone 7 in 6 Easy Steps
The iPhone 7 series of smartphones uses a combination of four LEDs to create the bright light of the phones torch, which can be used as a flashlight. On newer iPhones, like the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the flashlight feature is available as a quick function rather than an application or widget. The following step-by-step guide walks you through the process:
- Press the power key or Home button to wake up your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Locate the Flashlight icon in the lower left of the Control Center screen.
- Tap the Flashlight icon one time to turn the flashlight on.
- Aim the light wherever you need it to take advantage of the bright light.
- Touch the Flashlight icon again to turn the flashlight back off when you are done.
If your phone is in Low Battery mode, your may receive an error message when you attempt to turn the flashlight on for your iPhone. In case this occurs, connect the iPhone to its charger before attempting to activate the flashlight. If you have any questions about how your iPhone 7 works, visit Apple’s Support Page. Please ask any questions or share your experiences with your iPhone or the flashlight feature in the comments below.