To print screen or screenshot is to save the contents of the screen as an image. Screenshots are one of the most convenient ways of sharing information with other people. Screenshots are used in computer tutorials and for sharing content with other users on social media. This article will demonstrate various ways of doing a print screen on MAC.
How to Print Screen the Entire Screen on MAC in 2 Easy Steps
A user may want to print screen the whole screen by following two simple steps:
1. Press Command-Shift-3.
2. Find the saved image as a PNG file on the desktop.
How to Print Screen Part of the Screen on MAC in 5 Easy Steps
Most times a user will want to print screen only part of the screen such as text in a Twitter feed. The following steps show how to achieve this:
1. Press Command-Shift-4, this action changes the pointer to crosshair.
2. Place the crosshair where the print screen will start.
3. Select the area you want to print screen by dragging the crosshair. The escape button is used to cancel the process.
4. Release the mouse to finish the print screen.
5. Find the saved image as a PNG file on the desktop.
How to Print Screen a Window on Mac in 6 Easy Steps
MacOS also allows a user to print screen a whole window:
1. Press Command-Shift-4, the cursor changes to crosshair.
2. Press the Spacebar key, to change the crosshair to a camera.
3. Select the window of interest by hovering the pointer over the window.
4. Cancel any of the steps by pressing the Escape key.
5. Click on the mouse.
6. Locate the file on the desktop; it is saved as a PNG file.
There are additional ways of performing a print screen on mac; these are found on the following link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201361. The screenshots are saved automatically and named in the format: “Screen Shot <date> at <time>.png.” When using a web browser some of the shortcuts mentioned may not work, this can be fixed by turning off all extensions for the browser.