A homepage is the first page that is the default page for a web browser. Most users use Google to search for web content before accessing it. The first thing I do when I install a browser is to make google my homepage. This following section will demonstrate how to make Google the homepage on Mac for Safari, Firefox and Chrome web browsers.
How to Make Google My HomePage in Safari in 5 Easy Steps
Safari is the default browser on Macs. The following steps demonstrate how to make Google the homepage on Safari:
1. Open Safari.
2. Click on the Safari menu and then click on Preferences in the drop down list.
3. Select the General tab.
4. Type Google’s URL, http://www.google.com, in the homepage box.
5. Click on the Change Homepage button and the close the Preferences dialog box.
How to Make Google My HomePage in Firefox in 5 Easy Steps
Firefox is a popular cross-platform web browser. The following section shows how to make Google the homepage on Firefox:
1. Launch Firefox.
2. Go to Google’s homepage by typing the URL, http://www.google.com, in the address bar.
3. Click on Firefox on the menu bar and then choose Preferences.
4. Select General from the pane on the left.
5. Click on the Use Current Page button to set your homepage as Google, then close the Preferences tab.
How to Make Google My HomePage in Chrome in 7 Easy Steps
Chrome is a web browser that was created by Google. The steps below show how to make Google the homepage on Chrome:
1. Start the Chrome app on your Mac.
2. Copy and then paste the following URL in the address bar: chrome://settings/. Press enter.
3. Search for On Startup in the chrome search bar.
4. Choose the Open a specific page option and then click on the Set pages link.
5. Remove all other startup pages .
6. Type in Google’s URL, http://www.google.com, and then press enter.
7. Click on the OK button.
Users who frequently use Google should set Google as their homepage; this will save them the hassle of having to enter Google’s URL every time they want to Google something. Setting Google as the homepage on a Mac is a simple process; therefore, a user should not encounter any problems. If a user encounters any problems, she can use the following links:
• For Safari.
• For Chrome.
• For Firefox.